ACTING GENERAL SECRETARY AND Member responsible for Coaching
Oliver A. Smith is an Attorney specializing in criminal and civil litigation with over 30 years of experience in the United States and the Caribbean. A Member of the International Criminal Court Defense Panel in The Hague, he was certified by the Capital Defender’s Office of the State of New York as a Lead Counsel in Death Penalty cases. Additionally he is a former Member of the Criminal Justice Act Panels of the Southern District of New York, the Northern District of New York and the Eastern District of New York. Mr. Smith is also a Member of the City of New York’s Felony and Homicide Panels and a former Member of the Departmental Disciplinary Committee of the Supreme Court, Appellate Division (First Department). His legal practice has seen him representing institutions, government entities and individuals in complex and often- times high profile matters.
Mr. Smith has been involved in football for over 25 years in a myriad of roles both on and off the field, to wit:
- Vice-President of the Turks and Caicos Islands Football Association (TCIFA)
- Head Coach for the Turks and Caicos Islands Men’s Senior National Team during the FIFA Russia 2018 World Cup Campaign
- Program Director of the TCIFA’s Boys Center of Excellence and Head Coach of the U18 Boys Center of Excellence.
- Head Coach of Cheshire Hall Football Club, Providenciales, TCI
- Participant in the CONCACAF/ English FA International Football Coaching Course held in the Cayman Islands in November 2012
- Assistant Coach to the Technical Director of the Women’s U20 Team during the U20 World Cup qualifying campaign in 2010
- Head Coach of the Riverdale Panthers (From Girls U14-U16): This team played in the Westchester Youth Soccer League and during my time as Head Coach, they won promotions from Division Three (3) ultimately to Division 1 (one).
- Former Co-Director of the Girls’ Soccer Program at New York Hota Bavarian Soccer Club (2001-2006)
- Assistant Men’s Soccer Coach at John Jay College of Criminal Justice, New York (2003-2005)
- Head Coach for Boys’ Varsity at Columbia Grammar and Prep School (2004-2006)
- Holder of Regional “F” and “E” Licenses and the U.S. Soccer Federation National “D”, “C” and “B” Licenses.
- Member of the U.S. Soccer Federation Coaches Association and the National Soccer Coaches Association of America.
- Member of Caribbean Football Union (CFU) Legal Committee
- Member of CONCACAF Appeals Committee
- Member of FIFA Appeals Committee
- Norman Manley Law School, Jamaica, West Indies
- University of the West Indies, West Indies, LLB (Upper Second Class Honors)
- Kingston College